Preparation before first autoclaving
– Unscrew filling valve and discharge valve.
– Replace built-in PTFE-rings with the supplied elastic O-rings made of FKM.
– First, screw in the filling valve by hand and then discharge valve and tighten them firmly using the mounting tool.
Observe the reduced chemical resistance of FKM!
1. Clean the instrument before sterilization.
2. Remove the discharge tube with removed closure cap, filling tube, and drying tube, and put all parts on a towel. Avoid contact with hot metal surfaces.
3. Autoclave all parts.
Allow to cool down in the closed autoclave to the avoided formation through too rapid cooling. Inspect all parts for deformities or damage, After every autoclaving. Replace them, if necessary. Do not re-assemble the bottle-top dispenser until it has cooled down to room temperature (cooling time approx. 2 hours). The mounting tool can be autoclaved at 121℃.
The accuracy and coefficient of variation of the instrument are determined gravimetrically as follows:
– Set to the nominal volume.
– Dispense distilled H2O.
– The dispensed quantity is weighed on an analytical balance.
– Calculate the distribution considering the temperature
– Perform at least 10 dispensing and weighing operations.
– Calculate the accuracy (A%) and the coefficient of variation (CV%) by means of the formula used in statistical quality control. Read through the operating manual of the balance manufacturer and the corresponding standards. If there is any doubt, contact the manufacturer.
Hawach provides both manual and automatic bottle-top dispensers with different specifications to meet customer requirements. Welcome to visit https://www.hawach.com/ to learn more.